Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Too Funny!

I was with Annie and Jonathan the other day, taking some things back at Kohl's. My hands were full with "my stuff" and with holding Jonathan's hand and my hair kept getting in my eyes (new haircut). It had been a cold morning and I had on an old flannel coat, but after running some errands I had warmed up and was wishing I had taken it off and left it in the car. Then Annie says, "Mommy, a church man!" Well, I was in a hurry to unload my load so I could get my hair out of my eyes and I didn't exactly want to see anyone from church and have to stop and talk at the moment. If I let go of Jonathan's hand so I could move my hair to SEE to talk, he would have been off and running, so I wouldn't have been able to talk anyway. So I did the only logical thing. I quickly stepped onto the escalator while absent-mindedly mumbling, "Oh, really?" Then, while on our way out of the store, now being able to still hold Jonathan's hand AND keep the hair out of my eyes so I could actually see people (without flipping my head back every 30 seconds . . . argh!), I silently wondered if the "man from church" was still hanging around, when I heard Jonathan exclaim, "Church men"! This time I looked where he pointed and burst out laughing as I saw two very nice looking "gentlemen" in shirts and ties . . . . mannequins! The very ones my Annie saw on the way in. I'm still chuckling over that one . . . Earl and I agree that there has got to be a "lesson" here somewhere about fearing what isn't real. (big smile!)

2 comments:

sethswifeforlife said...

LOL! That's great, Jan. I wonder if my kids would think of men in ties as "church men" too.
Kids keep us on our toes for sure. And teach us lots about not having fear of man, as well. They are always giving us the opportunity to not worry about what others think, eh???
blessings on your weekend,
Abby~

D & A said...

LOL!!

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...