Wednesday, April 02, 2008



". . . Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?"
Matthew 6:28-30


Clothed.
I do not worry about clothing by nature.
Occasionally, I "complain" about having "nothing to wear", but it is mainly based on discontentment, pride, and insecurity.
But there is a different sort of clothing that I am desperately in need of . . .
the righteousness of Jesus Christ.
I long to put on immortality.
My earthly tent groans to be clothed with the imperishable.
2 Corinthians 5 promises us that we have been given the Spirit as a pledge to remind us that we will indeed be clothed with immortality.
I cling to that promise on most days.
1 John 3:2 promises us that "when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is."
To be like Jesus.
I long for that.
Jesus is full of "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control" (Galatians 5:22).
He is patient, kind and not jealous. He doesn't brag and isn't arrogant, and never acts unbecomingly. He doesn't seek His own way and isn't provoked. He doesn't take into account a wrong suffered (doesn't take offense) and He definitely doesn't rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. He bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things and never fails. (1 Corinthians 13:4-8)
Oh how I want to be like that!
And I've been promised that I will be when He returns.
But in the meantime, I want to pursue "my sanctification" here in this journey because I have as my ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him.
(2 Corinthians 5:9)

Just thinking lately, about how I spend my time and what is really important. If I knew I had one more day on this earth, what would my priorities be?
I have so much further to go in my journey towards holiness . . . my sin is ever before me . . . yet my time spent isn't matching what I want my priorities to be.
I will continue to fight the fight of faith . . .
He will indeed "clothe" me, more than Solomon in all of his glory!

"I will rejoice greatly in the Lord,
My soul will exult in my God;
For He has clothed me with garments of salvation,
He has wrapped me with a robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom decks himself with a garland,
and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels."
Isaiah 61:10

No comments:

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...