Sunday, August 17, 2008

12 Years in Love

Celebrating 12 years of marriage today!


"This is the Lord's doing and it is marvelous in our eyes."
Psalm 118:23


"Come let us worship the Lord, and let us magnify His name together."
Psalm 34:3
Isn't it good how God can be sometimes?
Just rejoicing and basking
in His exceedingly abundant grace and goodness to us.
Our "secret"?
During our wedding ceremony,
we had sung a song by Steven Curtis Chapman:
"My Redeemer is Faithful and True".

It was the perfect song for us
as we started on our grand adventure,
and continues to be
our favorite "love song".

We had both walked many years with the Lord separately,
and now were leaning on His proved faithfulness to each us over.
We knew that our success as a couple
was not going to be dependent
on our love for each other
or the things we did or didn't do.
But our success lay solely on the shoulders of our Redeemer
who has promised to be for us all that we would ever need,
who has promised to redeem us from who we were and
make us into the image of the Son with each passing day.

Our marriage prayer is that we would continue to
look to Jesus in all things and not look to
each other for what only our Redeemer can and will provide.

The lyrics:
As I look back on this road I've traveled,
I see so many times He carried me through.
If there's one thing I've learned in my life,
My Redeemer is faithful and True.

My Redeemer is faithful and True,
everything He has said He will do,
and every morning His mercies are new.
My Redeemer is faithful and true.

My heart rejoices when I read the promise
"there is a place that I'm preparing for you",
I know someday I'll see my Lord face to face,
'cause my Redeemer is faithful and true.

My Redeemer is faithful and true,
everything He has said he will do,
and every morning His mercies are new.
My Redeemer is faithful and true.

And in every situation,
He has proved His love for me.
When I lack the understanding, He gives more grace to me.

My Redeemer is faithful and true,
every thing He has said he will do,
and every morning His mercies are new.
My Redeemer is faithful and true.
My Redeemer is faithful and true.

Last night, my honey surprised me (Jan) and took me to dinner on the Queen Mary with another couple who share our same anniversary. We went to a dinner theater called "Tibbie's" and had a very fun time. Lots of laughing.

Also, last weekend, our children with the help of my mother planned a surprise party for us with a few of our friends. We spent a very fun Saturday afternoon hanging out with each other and playing games and eating delicious food.

Life just doesn't get much better.

All this and Jesus too!


4 comments:

Barbara said...

Happy, happy anniversary! We're so blessed by you and Earl and thankful for your ministry in our lives. We pray for many, many more years of walking together.

Rachel said...

Congratulations! Your marriage has been a blessing to so many people.

sethswifeforlife said...

Happy Anniversary, a week late! I remember yours & Tiffany's anniversary, because my Tiffany was almost born on that day, but ended up coming Aug. 18th, just after midnight! But Seth's and mine is on the 17th (of October). I will always have great memories of both your weddings....
ok, I think I've caught up on commenting! :-)

Grace, Hope and Joy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...