Friday, October 10, 2008

autumn




It hasn't felt much like fall lately.
Until today.
It actually felt "fallish".
Slight breeze in the air.
Leaves floating to the ground.

Fortunately, I had decided to take this morning
and get some "outdoor" shots of the kids,
hoping for a better group shot than what I got inside last month.


The above shot turned out nicely and I think we'll print that one.
Then we just had fun goofing off,
while Mom "practiced".











A friend loaned me a book by Annabel Williams
and it is so practical and helpful.
I've been trying to practice some of what I've "learned".

Here are a few of the "entry way" shots we took.

(This one is a little out of focus though . . . not unusual for shots of Jonathan!)





I liked this one in black and white.
I've entitled it, "The Thinker".
(That actually is a natural pose for him.)





After our outing today,
I've decided what I REALLY NEED to take my photography to the next level.

I need one of these GREAT photographers whose photographs I love looking at and that inspire me to go out and keep learning,
to come spend a day with me and my children
and follow me and my camera around
whispering in my ear
all their secrets
and all their tips
and all their thoughts on how to make "this" a better shot.
I want to be able to have a "photographic mentor", if you will,
to travel along with me for a day,
whom I can ask questions of.

It doesn't hurt to ask . . . (smile)

5 comments:

sethswifeforlife said...

What a great shot of your 5!!! And great colors too.
I just wish I could hang out with you all. Miss you.

Barbara said...

What a great idea!!! When you find such a a person, will you ask if I can tag along???
I love the photos of the kids; I can see where you took some of Annabel W.'s ideas and worked with them. Wonderful!

Grace, Hope and Joy said...

These are great!! A mentor is a wonderful idea. Let me know if something comes up.

I need to email you back!!

Bennerbus said...

oh my Jan, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those pictures of hands!!! My dream photo is one of our hands together....ok so I want to book you to take some pictures for me!!!! Let me know when!!!

PhotoPoet said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I'm checking out yours and loving what I'm seeing. There are so many ways God can and will call us into ministry, and it is so exciting to see people respond so eagerly and lovingly. You're a blessing to Him and, I'm sure, to all with whom you come in contact.

You're so right; mentoring is a great way to learn. Mentoring one of the young men in our church has led to our beginning to put together a "small group" of sorts within our local congregation... people who would like to progress with their photography skills. We hope it can become an effective outreach to non-Christians in the community, too, giving us the chance to be Christ in the world, and to help those outside of Christ to see the world through the special lens of a Christian world view. I've also held photography workshops for groups going on short-term mission trips, resulting in them being happier with their results, and the church receiving better photos upon their return, for use in mission presentations/promotions. Wish we could have a cup of coffee together; I'm sure we'd have a lot to talk about... including Southern Gospel music, even. ;~)

Feel free to drop by my website, if you have time: www.PhotoPoetica.com

In His grip,
Greg Silsby

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...