Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Reformation Day!


"Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times."
~ Martin Luther

"I cannot and will not recant anything, for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand, I can do no other, so help me God. Amen".
~ Martin Luther

"To whom, save thee, who canst alone for sin atone, Lord, shall I flee?
~ Horatius Bonar, 1857

Alive in Christ
I once was rebellious, corrupted by sin, pursuing the devil's dark path, -
Oblivious, dead to the state I was in, an object of God's dreadful wrath.

But God who is rich in compassion and love, not leaving my soul to the grave,
Has given me life; born again from above, by God's sov'reign grace I've been saved.

God lifted me up to the heavenly realms where seated with Christ I am free;
In ages to come he will show me more grace -- so great is his kindness to me.

Since grace is the source of the life that is mine - and faith is a gift from on high --
I'll boast in my Savior, all merit decline, and glorify God 'til I die.

Yet now I am living with work to be done for I am God's workmanship too, -
Created in Christ with a race to be run, which God has ordained me to do.

~ James Montgomery Boice, 2000


"But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ - by grace you have been saved- and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God . . . " Ephesians 2:4-8

No comments:

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...