Saturday, January 09, 2010

A New Year Begins . . .

I am done with all the holiday festivities and school is back in swing.
My last photo project has been completed
and now my body is experiencing
"complete exhaustion".
I did NOT get out a family newsletter this year.
And I did NOT put together another
"Year in Review" video as planned.
But that's ok.

It's time to slow way down and rest . . .
and enjoy the kids . . .
and talk to my husband . . .
and journal the goodness of God . . .
and soak up the richness of the Word and all His promises . . .
and make new plans . . .
and read some books . . .
and create delicious meals in the kitchen unhurried . . .
oh yeah, and probably should fit in some cleaning somewhere . . .
and spend time with friends and family . . .

So much to look forward to in 2010!

(There's not a lot going on right now worthy of posting, but I just had to take off the Christmas music!)

Here are a few highlights from December:

My uncle and aunt from Washington came down
and we had a wonderful evening together catching up!



This would be our Uncle Jack (my dad's brother)


Christmas Eve, my sister Gail, brought a friend over who just happens to drive a red Lamborghini. We all took rides around the block . . . REALLY FAST!


Christmas morning was delightful as we spent it at home with my mom. The kids were fun to watch as they had put so much time and effort and sometimes money behind their gifts. We were blessed to see how much they got into the spirit of giving and were thrilled with everything that the Lord blessed them with through others.


Jonathan bought this hat for Molly with his own money and Emily made the necklace for Molly.

Alright. I'm done. Time to shut up the house and go to bed!

Hopefully, our next posts will showcase some of the fun stories the kids have been writing lately.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...