Monday, January 03, 2011

Susannah Spurgeon


Earl bought me this book for Christmas
(I've been asking for it).

It includes a biography of Susannah Spurgeon that I read years ago but was out of print.
And it also contains
"Morning Devotions by Susannah Spurgeon".

It has been wonderful!
Not one reading has yet left me unaffected.

So, I want to share.

I will be posting periodic quotes from my reading.

"What is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe
(Ephesians 1:19)"

"Come, my heart, satisfy and delight yourself, this morning, with the thought of what your mighty God can do for you - the grace he is able to give you now - the glory he is reserving for you - the uplifting, upholding, strengthening, and preserving power which is all invested in his loving hands on your behalf. Here is a storehouse of riches on which your largest demands can make no perceptible diminishment, and all this is yours!"


Oh, dear Christian,
may your heart,
as mine has,
be refreshed and encouraged!

No comments:

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...