Monday, September 12, 2011

No Greater Joy!

Yesterday, our family celebrated as we watched Emily and David and Molly make their public profession of faith and be baptized, along with 5 other youths from our church.

All were baptized by their fathers. It was a special time beyond words.

It was a beautiful day in every way!





Here was their testimony:

I believe that I am a sinner who has broken God's holy Law and deserve eternal punishment from God in hell.

I believe that Jesus Christ was crucified, was buried, and was raised from the dead on the third day.

I believe that Jesus Christ is God the Son, fully man and fully God, the Lord of all and the all-sufficient Savior for sinners.

I am not trusting in anything that I am doing or have done or will do for my salvation, including this baptism.

I am trusting Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of my sins and for the gift of righteousness and for the promise of eternal life in heaven.

I am willing to turn from sin and selfish ambition and gladly submit to Jesus Christ as my Lord by seeking to obey His written Word.

As I am baptized today in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, my confession is . . .
Jesus is Lord!


We love you, Emily, David, and Molly!
And we will continue to pray for you . . . as always.



1 comment:

Peggy said...

It was a fabulous day! Thanks for your work putting that keepsake together, Jan!

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...