Saturday, October 15, 2011

Strength to Strength

 

A few weeks ago, I read Psalm 84:5-7 and was meditating on it during my morning time alone.

“How blessed is the man whose strength is in You, in whose heart are the highways to Zion! Passing through the valley of Baca they make it a spring; the early rain also covers it with blessings. They go from strength to strength. every one of them appears before God in Zion.

The phrase “strength to strength” caught my attention.

I had the thought of stepping from stepping stone to stepping stone.

What would the stones represent, Lord?

Christ. They’d be Christ. The Bible tells me that He is my Rock. He is my strength.

So, walking in Christ means standing on the promises that He has made me. His promises are founded in the life He lived, in the death He died, and in the fact that He has been given all things by His Father and ever lives to make intercession for me.

I pictured me, walking on stones spelling out the name of Jesus, upheld by His arms (pictured as dying for my life), and reading the Scriptures which remind me of the promises and give light to my path.

I drew a rough sketch and then gave it to David to see if he could do a better one for me. This turned into a really fun exercise for me! Here is what I gave him:

Strength to Strength Jans

 

Here is what I ended up with from him. I’m so proud of him and incredibly blessed. It has really fueled my continued meditation of this verse!

Strength to Strength

At first, the person at the top looked like a man. I was thinking it would look more like a “mother” (me!). But then we got talking about it and decided that it was a fight to “keep walking” by faith and I asked him if he could put the guy in combat boots and camo pants. He did not disappoint me.

I just LOVE what this pictures for me! It is how  I see my life right now. It is where I gain my courage and strength.

I have always loved trying to draw a visual of what I’m meditating on, and now it is super exciting to know that I have a “resident artist” who can help me with that now on occasion.

Any ideas of what else I can do with this artwork?

No comments:

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...