Thursday, August 08, 2013

Let the Good Times Roll!

Good times.

How do YOU define them?

Looking through my “biblical worldview lens” I define them as “times designed and sent my way by an always-good God who always has my good and happiness in mind”.

So, let the good times roll!

After posting about needing to get a schedule written for school (July 16th), I suffered a very painful and debilitating neck/shoulder issue by the next evening, which pretty much ended my summer. . . as well as my plans for getting ready to start school. Three days after that, my mom suffered a small stroke. Thankfully, it was a small stroke and she is fine and living back at home alone, but it was scary and meant a week (seemed like a month!) of getting her set up with doctor’s visits, lots of phone calls and texts, rearranging plans here at the house, and falling into bed exhausted from it all. (So thankful for my amazing husband and kiddos who really shine during these times!)

But start school we did. This past Monday, the 5th.

Let me catch you up on a few summer photos before getting into the “school posts”.

The four younger kids bought boards this summer with some gift money and had a few days of fun with them. Hopefully we can fit in some more when it gets really hot here soon.

DSC_0033 (2)DSC_0037 (2)DSC_0040 (2)DSC_0050DSC_0085DSC_0104

We participated in, but didn’t win THIS year, in our church’s first chili-cookoff. But it was so fun and we really think we came up with a winning recipe. Just a little tweaking for next year. The competition is really tough!

DSC_0073DSC_0067DSC_0068DSC_0071DSC_0130DSC_0083DSC_0078DSC_0131

Molly found another Groupon for horse lessons . . . DSC_0047

DSC_0043DSC_0050DSC_0022

We brought Emily home from Worldview camp and got to hear all her exciting stories (looks like she is already hankering for next year’s camp!):

DSC_0011Worldview Academy Camp 2013

Our spider continued to be found in surprising places. You never know where it will turn up next . . .

DSC_0014

We really loved having some dear new friends over again for dinner and learning from all of their life experiences and getting encouraged and inspired from their lives!

DSC_0002DSC_0003DSC_0004DSC_0005

We enjoyed a few more days at Grandma’s swimming in her “resort” pool:

DSC_0021DSC_0023DSC_0035DSC_0036

Emily and Molly got their hair cut:

DSC_0006DSC_0008

David had fun rigging a “harness” for Thorn and taking him for walks and showing him off to young friends who visited:

THORN (2)THORN (5)

DSC_0055

Well, that looks like all the “events” I photographed this summer. It went quick and I didn’t take my camera everywhere, knowing that I had no time to edit, etc. (It is less fun for me to post photos that I don’t have the time to creatively edit.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Friday, the Lord finally brought relief to my neck/shoulder issues through the use of some radial traction therapy at home (after 16 days of exhausting pain). I’m having to use the computer very sparingly and watch my reading and writing positions. That’s hard to do! Earl has me set up with a stool for my laptop, a special chair and an extra keyboard – all to help the neck keep from getting strained again.

My Mom is doing well and I call out there every day to check on her. The kids and I are going to head back out there to swim tomorrow.

Yesterday, Earl took on the role of “teacher” using the plans I left him and told me to take the day to work more on getting ready for the year. It was very sweet of him and I think he really enjoyed getting to see first hand all that the kids are working on this year:

DSC_0023DSC_0024

Yep. Good times.

Because I am walking through this life with a good God. Scary at times? Yes. But He holds my hand and reassures me with His promises, like a good Father does. Painful at times? Yes. But He reminds me that He is there even in my pain and gives the grace to endure until He says “enough”. Exhausting at times? Indeed! Yet He refreshes me time and time again in small and unexpected ways.

Praying you are knowin’ good times as well!

1 comment:

Lisa Blackman said...

Is that the spider that "scared" you on April Fool's Day? No one has killed it yet? I just realized you blog. I do too but have sadly neglected it far too long!

Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...